Cheap Health Insurance Tampa
12421 N Florida Ave Suit 120
Tampa, FL 33612
Fast easy enrollment over the phone call today!
Before proceeding to show you how to choose the best health insurance plans for yourself, let’s try to understand why you really need health insurance. Diving into the former without addressing the latter will look like placing the cart before the horse.
As said earlier, we live in an unpredictable world, one that we can’t control. Accidents happen, and other natural occurrences affect people of all ages, so you can’t really say that you are still very young to get prepared for an unforeseen health challenge. The key remains to be prepared at all times by getting a health insurance. Below are top ten reasons why you need to enroll for a health insurance. We have arranged these reasons in no particular order of importance – please take note.
1. Medical care doesn’t come cheap anywhere in the world, and sicknesses are unforeseen circumstances that never announce their arrival. Health issues may arise, and you may not be able to tackle them financially except you have a health insurance.
2. If you have a health insurance, you are more likely to go see the doctor before an impending health issue escalates. You definitely know that you won’t be paying much to see the doctor, unlike someone who doesn’t have an insurance who would keep dragging their foot before going to see the doctor because it would definitely cost them more. Research shows that people who have chronic illnesses and do not have health insurance have a higher mortality rate than those who have chronic illnesses and have a health insurance.
3. You will be responsible for all your medical costs if you don’t have a health insurance and experience a medical emergency. Health insurance simply helps you and your family stay protected from the horrors and unnecessary hardship that may result from expensive health care.
4. Most international programs, universities, college, etc. require proof of health insurance before taking applicants.
5. You cannot be denied coverage due to a pre-existing health condition such as previous diabetes diagnosis.
6. There are a lot essential health benefits that all health insurance plans cover. These benefits include the following:
• Chronic disease management and preventive and wellness services
• Rehabilitation and habilitation services and devices which mostly help people chronic conditions, disabilities, injuries recover or gain physical and mental skills
• Pediatric services
• Lab services
• Prescription drugs
• Substance use and mental health disorders
• Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
• Ambulatory services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
• Hospitalization (such as surgery)
• Emergency services
7. If you have a health insurance, you don’t worry about such preventive services such as vaccinations, tests, screenings, and vaccinations – all things meant to keep both adults and children healthy as the health plans of companies like Florida Blue already cover these set of preventive services. Depending on your gender, age, and other risk factors, your doctor may tell you it’s time for colonoscopy, mammogram or other screening that can detect disease in its most treatable earliest stages. Or, it may be time to screen for high cholesterol or high blood pressure to give your doctor information that can help minimize the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
8. A health insurance may help you qualify for lower costs. Depending on your family size and household income, your health insurance plan may help qualify you for financial assistance from the government – or subsidies – towards the cost of the premium and other financial obligations like deductibles and copays.
9. As has taken effect since January 1, 2017, you will need to pay a tax of $695 as an adult or 2.5 percent of your annual income if you can afford health insurance and don’t have it.
10. You or your family may qualify for low-cost coverage through Medicaid. In all states, Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income people, children, families, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities. And in some states, the program covers all low-income adults below a certain income level.
The above are just a few reasons why you need a health insurance. In the section, we’ll look at how to choose the best plans for you.